This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1990997

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  en_ZA locale not correct in applications

  In all Ubuntu based distributions I have found that in applications
  such as LibreOffice Calc where I need to see formats applicable to my
  locale en_ZA (South Africa) the decimal place is denoted by , in the
  application even though the file /usr/share/i18n/locales/en_ZA is
  correct in specifying the decimal place as denoted by a .

  This is the same for monetary values where it is showing , in
  applications instead of the . as specified in the locale file. The
  comma was deprecated in South Africa in the 1990s and the generally
  accepted decimal is .

  This makes it extremely difficult to transfer Windows Excel files that
  have decimal points to a Linux distro that strictly enforces
  recognising a decimal with a comma and hence renders the Windows Excel
  file useless in Linux.

  The Windows feature of customising locales in terms of date, time,
  decimal place and digit grouping within the GUI is sorely missing from
  all desktops in Linux and so this cannot be fixed by the end-user.