Once I put my laptop to sleep and then wake it up, I no longer have
internet, as my laptop locks itself automatically into Airplane mode.

The Airplane and wifi buttons become unusable and can't click them, so I
have to reboot the laptop everytime it goes to sleep/suspend mode.

The workaround I found to enable fn+F10 is to add this line to the grub
config in /etc/default/grub:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="acpi_osi=! acpi_osi='Windows 2009' quiet
splash"

and then to run: sudo update-grub

As mentioned this is a manual workaround that involves reactivating the
wifi after each sleep; Kindly, if you can fix this to avoid this
additional manual step.

Warm Regards,
Yassine

** Tags: airplane internet suspend wifi
--
Laptop blocked into Airplane mode after wakeup from suspend
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1996541