Public bug reported:

SRU Justification:

[Impact]

There is a new feature request to replace the soft reset with a graceful reboot.
We will use acpi events triggered by the irq in the pwr-mlxbf file to trigger
the graceful reboot.

[Fix]

* Change the handling of GPIO7 (BF2) and GPIO6 (BF3). This gpio will trigger a
graceful reboot instead of
  a forced reboot (soft reset). This is an acpi event.

[Test Case]

* trigger the gpio toggling from the BMC: ipmitool raw 0x32 0xA1 0x02
  This should trigger a graceful reboot of the DPU.

[Regression Potential]

* make sure it works on BF2 and BF3

** Affects: linux-bluefield (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-bluefield in Ubuntu.

  pwr-mlxbf: support graceful reboot instead of soft reset

Status in linux-bluefield package in Ubuntu: