Hi Sebastien,

Here is the background information:
MediaTek sent two PRs[1][2][3] for enabling audio on Genio 700 and 1200 boards
in Jun 2023. But, unfortunately the patch is still under review. In order to
enable hardware in time, I discussed with Ɓukasz and he agreed to accept the
patch as it was. If the final content accepted by upstream is different from
what I backported from [1][2]. I'll create a bug to update it.

When QA verified audio on Core, we found an issue caused by a typo in
the patch. So, Zhaoxuan created this bug and uploaded debdiff to fix the
issue.

Hi Zhaoxuan,

Please upload the debdiff for noble as well. We have to upload the patch
to the latest series, noble, first. After it gets merged, we can SRU the
patch to mantic, lunar, and jammy.

---
[1] https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/pull/321
[2] https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/pull/322
[3] LP: #2000228 [SRU] Add initial support for Mediatek Genio boards

Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-ucm-conf in Ubuntu.

  `alsactl init` unable to initialze audio device on G700

Status in alsa-ucm-conf package in Ubuntu:

  This bug cause "alsactl init" command unable to initialize mt8390-evk
correctly and print these error message:

  ```
  ceqa@ubuntu:/home/ceqa$ alsactl init
  alsa-lib main.c:761:(execute_sequence) unable to execute cset
'name='DP_OUT_MUX' Disconnect'
  alsa-lib main.c:2373:(set_boot_user) Unable to execute boot sequence
  Found hardware: "mt8390-evk" "" "" "" ""
  Hardware is initialized using a generic method
  ```

  Thus, the audio devices on MediaTek G700 do not work.

  This patch fix this bug by correcting 'DP_OUT_MUX' to 'DPTX_OUT_MUX'.

  [ Test Plan ]
  Reproduce:
  1. Install Ubuntu 22.04 (jammy) on a MediaTek G700 device
  2. Run `alsactl init` on MediaTek G700 device
  3. alsactl print error message "unable to execute cset 'name='DP_OUT_MUX'
Disconnect'" and audio devices do not work.

  Verify:
  By applying this patch, alsactl does not print this error message and audio
devices work.

  [Where problems could occur]
  This patch fix the typo in ucm files, and it affects the device init process
on Mediatek Genio boards.

  [ Other Info ]
  There is a typo in
'd/p/0001-Add-initial-support-for-MediaTek-Genio-boards.patch'.

  The name of the flag that controls the audio output of the DP port is
  not 'DP_OUT_MUX'. It is 'DPTX_OUT_MUX'.

  MediaTek fix this issue in the PR in upstream:

https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/compare/243f2d60740e41a0cfb7779388c17e4a00e1bfe9..a55f840ab2b13f32cb55cd1730933ef0f5a96079

  mt8390-evk (G700) Pull Request: (Still under review)
  https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/pull/321