Even though I reported this issue already a few years ago, unluckily it
is still present. I ignored it in the meanwhile, however I started to
locate the problem's cause again. My mouse is a multi-device, so I
paired it again using a live Linux (to avoid any inference with the
existing paring) but as a separate device. Surprisingly, the issue is
not present then. Calling

sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth restart

shortly disconnects the mouse (as expected) but thereafter it's working
without any freezes. I tried to find out what's different, and comparing
the configuration files inside

/var/lib/bluetooth/<Mac>/<device>

I noticed that the respective 'info' files are not the same. Of course,
the keys are different, but besides the, the non-working connection
contains the following two sections:

[ConnectionParameters]
MinInterval=6
MaxInterval=9
Latency=44
Timeout=216

[ServiceChanged]
CCC_LE=2

I tried to manually delete these sections, but calling

sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth restart

recreates the file including both sections. I suspect that these values
were negotiated using the initial pairing under Windows and saved on the
mouse itself, therefore Linux uses them, too, were they cause the
reconnection issues. Can this information be used to fixed this issue?
Can I overwrite this configuration somehow?

  Deterministic bluetooth disconnects after login and bluetooth restart

  Hello everyone,

  a few months ago I upgraded from 18.04 to 20.04 and since then, I'm
  into some bluetooth connection issues. I'm a KDE user currently using
  Ubuntu 5.4.0-53.59-generic 5.4.65, still the reported issue also
  appears with plain ubuntu 20.04, even a clean live USB version of
  ubuntu 20.04 reproduces it such that it is independent of any KDE
  library. I've noticed the following bug already a few months ago,
  still I would like to wait and see if it might be resolved with a new
  kernel update or something else. Since it still persists, I now would
  like to report it to the devs. I found no similar reported bug but if
  it already has been reported, I'd like to excuse for reporting a
  duplicate.

  So, I'm using a Logitech bluetooth LE mouse and with ubuntu 18.04
  (actually on any distro based on 18.04 that I tested), everything
  works fine and without any problems. Still with 20.04, I'm into the
  following bug that I would like to report. After starting ubuntu, the
  bluetooth connection to the mouse works (i.e. pointer is moving) and
  after about 30-40 seconds it stops moving and freezes for about 10-15
  seconds and thereafter works again and stays working. The same issue
  can be reproduced by executing (for instance on a live ubuntu)

      sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth restart

  which stops the bluetooth connection for a few seconds (as expected),
  immediately it works again but after additional 30-40 seconds, the
  connection breaks for another 10-15 seconds and thereafter works
  flawlessly.

  I checked all configuration files from the /etc/bluetooth/ directory,
  everything is the same between 18.04 and 20.04 and even modifying the
  parameters does not change anything at all. As a conclusion of my
  testing I strongly guess it has either anything to do with a different
  kernel version or a with a changed bluetooth library between 18.04 and
  20.04.

  So in summary:
  Expected behavior: Bluetooth connection shortly breaks after 'sudo
/etc/init.d/bluetooth restart' and does not break again after 30-40 seconds (as
it is the case with ubuntu 18.04)
  Actual behavior: Bluetooth connection breaks again after reestablishing the
connection

  I'm hoping that this issue can easily be fixed and please let me know if you
need any further information :-)
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.4
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  ubuntu     5435 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC2:  ubuntu     5435 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  ubuntu     5435 F.... pulseaudio
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CasperVersion: 1.445.1
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.04
  LiveMediaBuild: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200731)
  MachineType: HP HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  Package: linux (not installed)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcFB: 0 EFI VGA
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/casper/vmlinuz
file=/cdrom/preseed/username.seed maybe-ubiquity quiet splash nomodeset ---
  RelatedPackageVersions:
   linux-restricted-modules-5.4.0-42-generic N/A
   linux-backports-modules-5.4.0-42-generic  N/A
   linux-firmware                            1.187.2
  Tags:  focal
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  dmi.bios.date: 05/07/2019
  dmi.bios.vendor: Insyde
  dmi.bios.version: F.20
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Type2 - Board Asset Tag
  dmi.board.name: 8478
  dmi.board.vendor: HP
  dmi.board.version: 70.55
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Chassis Asset Tag
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: HP
  dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnInsyde:bvrF.20:bd05/07/2019:svnHP:pnHPPavilionGamingLaptop15-cx0xxx:pvrType1ProductConfigId:rvnHP:rn8478:rvr70.55:cvnHP:ct10:cvrChassisVersion:
  dmi.product.family: 103C_5335KV HP Pavilion
  dmi.product.name: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
  dmi.product.sku: 4CA30EA#ABD
  dmi.product.version: Type1ProductConfigId
  dmi.sys.vendor: HP