In proposed: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/6.8.0-19.19

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Please change CONFIG_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL_QUIET to 3

  The Ubuntu Desktop boot isn't flickerfree today as reported on bug #1970069 ,
one of the reason is that kernel error messages are often being logged and not
filtered out by our default loglevel
  (one example with usb messages on
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/598152686/20220422_014058.jpg)

  Fedora is using CONFIG_CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL_QUIET=3 (instead of 4 which is
  the default), they change it 5 years ago
  (https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/kernel/c/838818e5), the rational
  is in the commit message that added the configuration option to the
  kernel

  > This for example will allow distros which want quiet to really mean quiet
to set
  > CONSOLE_LOGLEVEL_QUIET so that only messages with a higher severity then
KERN_ERR (CRIT, ALERT, EMERG)
  > get printed, avoiding an endless game of whack-a-mole silencing harmless
error messages. '

  Could we also get the default change to 3 in Ubuntu?