This bug is awaiting verification that the linux-aws-
fips/5.15.0-1056.61+fips1 kernel in -proposed solves the problem. Please
test the kernel and update this bug with the results. If the problem is
solved, change the tag 'verification-needed-jammy-linux-aws-fips' to
'verification-done-jammy-linux-aws-fips'. If the problem still exists,
change the tag 'verification-needed-jammy-linux-aws-fips' to
'verification-failed-jammy-linux-aws-fips'.

If verification is not done by 5 working days from today, this fix will
be dropped from the source code, and this bug will be closed.

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation how
to enable and use -proposed. Thank you!

** Tags added: kernel-spammed-jammy-linux-aws-fips-v2
verification-needed-jammy-linux-aws-fips

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-oem-6.5 in Ubuntu.

  Audio balancing setting doesn't work with the cirrus codec

Status in HWE Next:
Status in linux-oem-6.1 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux-oem-6.5 package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in linux source package in Jammy:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem-6.1 source package in Jammy:
  Fix Released
Status in linux-oem-6.5 source package in Jammy:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Lunar:
  Won't Fix
Status in linux source package in Mantic:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Noble:

  BugLink: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2051050

  Currently this patch is in the linux-next, and will be in the
  mainline kernel v6.8-rc2, there is no need to SRU this patch to Noble
  kernel, Noble kernel will have this patch automatically.

  [Impact]
  In the gnome audio setting, if we adjust balancing setting, it doesn't
  work at all on a Dell machine with cirrus codec, that is because with
  the current driver, the exported amixer controls can't be handled by
  pulseaudio.

  [Fix]
  Cherry-pick a mainline kernel patch, this could fix this issue.

  [Test]
  Booted with the patched kernel, move the bar to the left or right to
  adjust the balance, we could hear the sound from left channel or right
  channel accordingly.

  [Where problems could occur]
  This change will not create "Master Volume" amixer controls, probably
  will make the audio control malfunction, that is we couldn't control
  playback or capture volume correctly, but this regression possibility
  is very low, we already tested the patch on the machines with cirrus
  codec, they all worked well as before.