Patch set to re-enable Ubuntu FAN in the 6.8 Noble kernel:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2024-May/150684.html

  re-enable Ubuntu FAN in the Noble kernel

Status in linux source package in Noble:

  In LP: #2063298, we have opted to deprecate Ubuntu FAN support because
  of the maintenance overhead and the possibility of regressions /
  conflicts with the new networking eBPF APIs in kernels >= 6.8.

  However, we cannot disable this feature in HWE/backport kernels, so it
  seems safer to adjust the Ubuntu FAN kernel patch set to ensure proper
  co-existence with the updated vxlan policy requirements in newer 6.8
  kernels.

  The re-introduction of Ubuntu FAN should be considered as a temporary
  measure, aimed at facilitating a smooth transition during its
  deprecation without disrupting existing users (specifically Juju), and
  enabling the backporting of 6.8 kernels to older releases.

  The main plan is still to deprecate Ubuntu FAN in newer releases.

  [Test case]

  Rely on the specific Ubuntu FAN regression test to validate the proper
  kernel support of this feature:

  https://git.launchpad.net/~canonical-kernel-team/+git/autotest-client-
  tests/tree/ubuntu_fan_smoke_test?h=autotest3

  [Fix]

  Re-apply the Ubuntu FAN patch set to the latest Noble kernel 6.8 and
  integrate the IFLA_VXLAN_FAN_MAP attribute type in vxlan_policy to
  satisfy the strict length validation check.

  [Regression potential]

  We may experience regressions with eBPF vxlan capabilities and
  potentially specific use cases of the Ubuntu FAN technology (Juju
  installations).