Since the last version of Fedlet came out, I've been building a kernel
package on my Baytrail tablet from the fc24 source rpm following these
instructions:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel

This worked for a number of 4.2 kernels as well as a couple of 4.4 rc
kernels. On or about rc6 and continuing with 4.4.0-1, I've been
running this step:

rpmbuild -bb --with baseonly --without debuginfo --target=i686 kernel.spec

...and (after the patches are applied), failing like this:

Applying: i2c: designware: Convert to use unified device property API
Applying: drm/udl: Use unlocked gem unreferencing
+ chmod +x scripts/checkpatch.pl
+ touch .scmversion
+ mkdir configs
+ for i in '*.config'
+ mv kernel-4.4.0-aarch64.config .config
++ head -1 .config
++ cut -b 3-
+ Arch=arm64
+ grep -E '^CONFIG_'
+ make ARCH=arm64 listnewconfig
+ '[' -s .newoptions ']'
+ cat .newoptions
CONFIG_CM3218X
+ exit 1
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.niuQ3f (%prep)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.niuQ3f (%prep)

a. Is there something obvious I can fix?

b. Is there a better place to ask?

Thanks,

Mike