On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 9:47 AM, Jon Evans <j...@craftyjon.com> wrote:

> Netlist export is a key feature of every schematic editor. So is
> multi-sheet support. These aren't random extra features, they are a normal
> part of any modern schematic editor.

Yes they are necessary features. My argument is that they have little to do
with the core mission of putting graphical objects on the screen and
probably would not share much code with
the rest of the program. If you add this into the main program then it only
makes it bigger and more complex. I alway go  for the simpler and cleaner
approach.  Calling the netlister is more
of a design management task than a schematic editor one so it should go
into the Design Manager program.

John Eaton