Hello everyone,

I would like to propose the creation of SIG-ibmcloud with a purpose similar
to other cloud provider SIGs such as SIG-aws, SIG-azure and SIG-gcp. Below
are the details:

*Mission statement:*

A Special Interest Group (SIG) for building, deploying, maintaining,
supporting, and using Kubernetes on IBM Public and Private Cloud.

*Secondary statement:*

The SIG will be focused on designing, discussing, and maintaining the IBM
Cloud provider and its relevant work. The SIG responsibilities will also
include roadmap and release requirements for Kubernetes on IBM Cloud.

*Purpose of the SIG:*

The IBM Cloud Container Service (ICS) and IBM Cloud Private (ICP) are built
on Kubernetes and related CNCF projects. IBM is a platinum member of the
CNCF and significant numbers of IBM developers are working on upstream
Kubernetes and related projects like helm, etcd, envoy/istio, prometheus
etc. The specific purpose of the SIG includes:

- Provide an open collaboration platform to rapidly growing ICS and ICP
Kubernetes community to discuss feedback and share knowledge.

- Identify work that can be contributed back to the Kubernetes upstream.

- Identify needed improvements in the Kubernetes based on user feedback.

- Encourage and mentor ICS and ICP developers, and ICS and ICP adopters to
contribute to the Kubernetes various upstream repositories.

- Act as a liaison between Kubernetes upstream and IBM Cloud Kubernetes
implementation, conformance testing etc.

The SIG is not intended to discuss ICS and ICP technical development issues
rather it will be Kubernetes focused.

*Implementation:*

- The SIG will follow all pre-requisite as specified by the SIG Governance
including one hour bi-weekly call, google group, github work, etc. There is
already a Kubernetes slack channel for IBM Cloud, #ibm-cloud which will be
renamed per SIG naming convention.

- The SIG will have 3 leaders at any given time. I will be an initial point
of contact as we work on creating the SIG.

Thanks!!

Best regards,

Sahdev Zala

Kubernetes contributor and org member, IBM