Bugs item #1905703, was opened at 2008-03-02 15:49
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by jroedel
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=1905703&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Tried the recently added 8-way SMP on KVM-AMD. (Dual-CPU , Quad-Core AMD
Barcelona K10)

Guests fail to boot.

Guests:
- Windows Server 2003 (32-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)
- Fedora 8 (64-bit)

Windows experience BSODs, while Linux just stucks during "init" phase.

While SMP 2 and 4-way are also were sometimes hanging, this one (8-way SMP
hang) is consistent.

I have tried only KVM-AMD, because I don't have (yet) such an Intel machine.

-Alexey 02.03.2008.

Comment By: Joerg Roedel (jroedel)