On Wednesday 14 May 2008 16:11:39 Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 May 2008 16:06:00 Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> > In
> > fact, in the case of soft breakpoints, KVM doesn't even know where all the
> > set breakpoints are.
>
> Side note: I'm retract this sentence: I wrote it before I sketched out the
> pseudocode, and forgot to remove it. :)

Er no, let me try that again:

In my proposed design, the stub needs to know where all breakpoints are, HW or
SW. (That means it must implement Z0/Z1.)

However, KVM itself doesn't need to know any of that: all breakpoints are
referred to the stub for handling, and the stub will notify KVM if further
action is needed in-kernel.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center