Christian Borntraeger schrieb:
> Hello Rusty,
>
> sometimes it is useful to share a disk (e.g. usr). To avoid file system
> corruption, the disk should be mounted read-only in that case.

Although it is done at a different level here, I wanted to note that mounting a
filesystem read-only does not necessarily mean the system will not try to write
to it. This is the case for ext3, for example - when mounted ro, system will
still reply the journal and do some writes etc.

The patch, however, should take care of that, too, as it is completely
different
place it is made ro.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski