Hi everyone,

KVM-0.12.3 and the latest version from the git repository no longer
support the '--no-kvm' option. This seems to be related to virt-io and
the boot=on flag. The last version that this worked in to my knowledge
was KVM-0.11.0. Many distributions don't include straight QEMU
versions any more (only KVM ones) so this flag is still necessary.
This feature should really be supported.

Issue:
The latest versions of KVM have had the --no-kvm option broken for some time.

VMs that work fine with KVM enabled do not work with the -no-kvm flag.
If I remove the boot=on from the hard drive, I am able to boot an ISO
image but if I re-add boot=on the system hangs either in loading GRUB
or ISOLINUX if I boot on an Ubuntu install ISO. This is happening on
multiple machines (all x86_64). On machines without virtualization
extensions this happens regardless of the -no-kvm flag.

Original bug report:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2972734&group_id=180599&atid=893831