01.05.2010 00:06, Michael Tokarev wrote:
I've a bugreport handy, see
about the apparent problem booting winNT 4 in kvm 0.12.
At least 2 people were hit by this issue. In short, when
booting winNT 4.0, it BSODs with error code 0x0000001E,
which means "inaccessible boot device".

Note that it is when upgrading from -72 to 0.12. But the
second person on the bug page also tried to reinstall the
OS, and that failed as well, now with a different error
message.

I'll try to find an nt4 cdrom here to try it, but I can't
promise anything....

I found an old winNT-4.0 install CD-Rom and tried that.  But
it stops right at "Inspecting your hardware configuration"
stage, with the error: "STOP: 0x0000003E" (BSOD).  According
to MS -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms819006.aspx --
this means "multiprocessor configuration is not supported. For
example, not all processors are at the same level or of the same
type. There might also be mismatched coprocessor support."
Obviously I'm running it with -smp 1, here's the complete
kvm command line:
 kvm -hda winNT.raw -m 512 -cdrom Win_NT_4_Enterprise.iso -localtime -vga std
(with default vga - cirrus - it displays garbage)

And the complete BSOD:
  http://www.corpit.ru/mjt/winnt4_1.gif

Thanks!

/mjt