Greetings,
  Long time no see.

  I somehow finished the Prefs stuff. Please have a look at
http://5parts.de/~as/labyrinth/diff_Preferences_and_PrefsWindow_again...
which is (as the filename suggests) a diff against revision 138 which
adds some files and changes the glade file to include a "Preferences"
menu item which actually works :-). As a first Preferences option I
added (who would have thought) the tray icon.

  I must admit that the PrefsWindow GUI layout is, ah, well,
functional. If somebody would like to help with that I wouldn't mind

  I'll try to add decent handling of schemas and default values - as
soon as I know how to handle that :-)

  Don, I'd like to know which changes to this patch you would think
necessary to have it included.

Best regards,

mfg

PS: This is the same message as in the "proposed development: gconf"
thread, but google groups does not push threads with new messasges to
the top and it might have went by without notice.
PPS: I updated the diff, the old version (same filename) was missing
the PrefsWindow.py file