I just tried labyrinth out. Very nice! Like it says on the labyrinth
site, it is indeed very intuitive to use the program. My current
mindmap software is View Your Mind, but it looks like labyrinth will
easily become my mindmap tool of choice once things become more stable
and featured (I might even use it now if not for the possibility of
future incompatibilities).

I especially like the drawing mode (I've always wanted something like
it ) It's also great that nodes are freely positioned relative to each
other.

This has probably already been considered, but it would be nice to
have the default behavior of having child nodes stay in position
relative to the parent when moving the parent, instead of having to
shift-click the children first. Or perhaps to only have to use a
modifier key when moving a node to have its children follow it
automatically.

The one negative thing I've noticed (considering it's quite a young
project) is that the rendering is somewhat choppy (for example, when
moving nodes around), although this is probably gtk/whatever-related
and not directly attributable to labyrinth itself.