Am Montag, den 31.03.2008, 10:26 +0200 schrieb Martin Schaaf:
> On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 19:08:49 +0100
> Matthias Vogelgesang wrote:
>
> > since yesterday, I've tested 0.4.0rc7 quite extensively and after
> > implementing that color inheriting functionality and fixing that
> > selection bug, the application doesn't distract me in any way anymore.
> > So imho it's stable and feature complete enough to be released in the
> > near time.
>
> Should both things go into the 0.4 release?

Both are already in, they weren't that big thing. Color inheriting means
a thought created from another one gets the same color first, so you
don't have to manually color them. The other thing was just a bugfix
when selecting through a thought, which caused creation of an unending
link

> > That's why I set up a wiki page [1] concerning the way we can advance to
> > the next iteration of Labyrinth. However I am not a maintainer nor do I
> > know when it is a good time to set any of the deadlines, that would be
> > up to you Martin and Don.
>
> Let us create issues for ideas and bugs we know. Then mark them with the
> label release-0.5.
> If they are all fixed then we can release. This should be in about 6 months.
> Is this ok?
> This 6 months are only a rough timeline and shouldn't be taken to seriously.
> 1 month before
> release a feature freeze should be done. This is also the point where we
> possibly branch labyrinth again.
> Is one week before release for string freeze ok? To easy up the translation
> process we can use the translation help feature from launchpad [1]. I setted
> up there our labyrinth too. Currently the files are in import state and
> cannot be translated. A beta phase I thing is to much. Because the time of
> the feature freeze would also the time for stabilisation.

Good points, and a week for translating not that many strings should be
enough indeed.

> If you have all commited and no critical bug we be issued. The release will
> be done 2008-04-01 about 10:00 CEST.

Alright.

--
Matthias Vogelgesang