Hi Anand,

On 11 August 2012 04:52, RSA <rsamu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To compile labyrinth-0.5RC3 gnome-desktop2 is required. Can we not compile
> with Gnome 3?

I don't think that should have been required at all - libgnome-desktop
is a library to read .desktop files, which labyrinth shouldn't need to
do. I've checked that it runs fine without it, and removed the check
for it [1].

More generally, I think PKG_CHECK_MODULES isn't quite the right tool,
because it forces a build-dependency on -dev versions of packages,
which are irrelevant to pure Python code. This is something else that
we'll look at after 0.5 has been released.

Thanks,
Thomas

[1] https://code.google.com/p/labyrinth/source/detail?r=377