The Tatters Guild here in Melbourne (Australia) has to bring a box of books
for us to browse through, each meeting, as we have no library cupboard at the
Hall where we meet. For any special book, we can email the librarian and ask
for it to be brought to the next meeting (which is every 2 months)  There is a
list of all available books at the entry desk, if you want to see what is
available.
It seems to work OK. I have asked after a type of tatting book, and a couple
were brought for me to borrow if they were what I wanted, and another time I
asked if they had a certain book, and yes, it was there, waiting for me at the
next meeting.

Regards from Liz. L.