David writing.

Ann-Marie Lördal wrote:
The angel is so pretty but I can´t get to the pattern! The cursor changes
into a hand on it as on the other pictures that gives us a pattern but this
one does not show a pattern. Could someone please help me on how to open it.

I'm sorry, Ann-Marie, but you must be using a browser like Netscape/Mozilla, Opera or Safari, that doesn't behave properly with the cursor coding, as I mentioned when I announced the calendar originally on 30th November. There are only three patterns - for 3rd, 5th and 11th December. There is no pattern for the angel and, as Jean wrote in her message, she doesn't have the pattern, as in this case she didn't make it - someone gave her the piece of lace:

This angel was given to me for my little granddaughter and I was told it came from one of the suppliers at the IOLI 2003 Convention. It's not a pattern I've seen anywhere - it's a part lace (like Honiton) but there are some bits of Milanese braids in it too.

Perhaps somebody else on the list knows who the supplier may have been or recognizes the design.

David (in a cold and frosty Glasgow)

(...who had actually been playing with the coding to fix the cursor problem for next year - although this would prevent anyone who is still using Netscape 4 from seeing the calendar. Anyone out there? I still have a problem with presenting info' in the status bars with these browsers - probably the same problem as before - I suspect it's to dow with escaping quotes in javascript, for those who know about these things. I'll have another go at it again this week, perhaps. Any suggestions for next year's competition will be gratefully received - after you've sent off your entry for this year's.)
--
Jean Leader
Glasgow, Scotland, UK