Thought you might like to know how I happen to have a pre-publication copy of the new lace book from the V&A to review for 'Lace' - it just shows what this list can do.

Back in December Jeri Ames, a good friend who I got to know through this list, passed on to me information about a new V&A lace book which she'd been sent by her local bookshop in Maine. I passed it on to Rosemary Green, the Lace Guild's librarian, at The Hollies in Stoubridge. She contacted the V&A - wheels turned and at the beginning of this month a copy was on her desk. And I'm the lucky one who gets to review it!

The book is lovely - there's an introduction about the development of lace and then photographs of 100 pieces of lace from the V&A with wonderful close-ups of some of them. Definitely worth having. Rosemary will have it on the Library stand at the Lace Guild Convention in Scarborough - came and see it for yourself if you can.

Jean in Glasgow where it's been snowing!