This was started in 1991 to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of The Lace Guild and it's usually the second Saturday of September. (I think the timing was to get people interested before evening class sessions started.)

Glasgow Lace Group made lace in in Princes Square (an up-market shopping development) for that one - we'd set up a small pillow with lace in progress in Waterstones (book shop) window to advertise it and someone offered me £20 for it - plastic bobbins and all!

Jean