Edith Holmes wrote:
Have any of you seen Jean's new book of motifs, using the thistle, rose,
daffodil and shamrock, with a fuschia as well?

and Daphne wrote:
Where can I buy a copy of Jean Leader's Motifs book please??

It's available from me in the UK (please email me off list for details) or from Susan Wenzel (Lacy Susan) in the USA.

I have seen my thistle bookmark made in a colour other than white with beads instead of tallies on the thistle and that worked well. I've also seen one in purple and green but I think it was probably dyed after it was made (it was in a display and I couldn't get close enough to check).

Seeing whether it could be worked successfully in colour is one of the things on my 'To do' list but it's nowhere near the top. I have a suspicion that at least some of it would need to be done as a part lace with sewings - colour in the pairs on the working diagram of the thistle flower (p. 7) and you'll see why.

Jean