Having found out where to get the thread specified for the Cluny de Brioude class (not that I've actually got around to ordering it yet) I considered the other things on the requirements list

1. the pillow which it says should be 50 cm x 50 cm - that's about 20 inches square and I'm wondering why such a large pillow for a motif that's only about 3.5 x 4.5 inches - can anyone explain? A 20 inch square pillow is too large for my largest suitcase so I'd have to pack it up as a separate item.

2. leather pad - what for? size? anyone know the answer? I even looked up the pdf file on the Hotel de la Dentelle web site and in French it says 'cuir (sous-mains)' which according to my large French dictionary is a desk blotter. Is it instead of a cover cloth?

Does anyone have an email address for the Hotel de la Dentelle so I can ask there?

Thanks
Jean in Glasgow where it's still warm and sunny!