At 11:08 am -0500 8/11/06, Pauline wrote:
 I have made leaves in the 'English' manner (on the
pillow rather than in the hand) all my lacemaking life, but am just starting
to experiment with other methods,

Be careful - I'm currently suffering from an inflamed tendon in my right thumb and I'm sure it's the result of making lots of leaves 'Cluny de Brioude' style during the summer. (Those of you who've done leaves like that will know there's a very awkward move with the right thumb.)

Jean (frustrated at having to rest my thumb)