At 7:22 pm -0500 11/11/06, Bev wrote:
I made a leaf according to Jean's directions.

It looks good, Bev - nice to know my instructions made sense.

What I forgot to add was that I was working with 4 bobbins of Soie d'Alger and up to 4 bobbins of Soie Ovale, one of which was used as the weaver.

Also that you start with a cloth stitch, shape the leaf as you work and work a bit further than you think you need to. Finish with weaver and pendulum bobbins at the centre.

For weaver to left of pendulum: twist weaver bobbin over left edge pairs, right edge pairs over pendulum bobbin so that weaver and pendulum bobbins are at the outside edges. (For weaver at right of pendulum, twist pendulum bobbin over left edge pairs, right edge pairs over weaver bobbin.)

Place pin between the two groups of edge bobbins and tension edge bobbins firmly (you should be able to see everything 'tighten up' as you do this).

Jean in grey, windy Glasgow where nearly all the leaves are off the trees