Debbie wrote:

I was looking at the instructions for the wire leaf on December
2 of the Advent Calendar.
 snip:
but I must say that the
more I look at this pattern, the more I want to make it!  Was that
something that went into the planning of the calendar?  The earlier the
date in December, the more the pattern is seen, the more the desire to
"have a go" at making it?

I'm afraid you overestimate our cunning. What with spreading the puzzle clues and patterns over the month, reserving the 'special days' for appropriate pictures, and trying to prevent colour repetitions and clashes, there's little scope for Machiavellian strategems.

That said, we're glad the pattern intrigues you, hope you have an enjoyable Christmas and that 2007 will be kinder to you than 2006 has been.

Jean and David in Glasgow
--
Jean Leader
Glasgow, Scotland, UK