My mom (now deceased) told me when she was young the girls in her family had
underwear made from flower sacks. She didn't say if they were embroidered or
not.  There were 9 kids in the family and feeding and clothing them all was
not cheap.  I gathered flour sack underwear was not stylish and she was
embarrassed when the other girls in school discovered this.

Liz in Missouri USA where we are having mild temperatures with strong winds.
Almost Spring like.  I'll take it over the nasty cold stuff we had last week
this time!