I have friends who live in Majorca, as well as an uncle in Gibraltar, and
friends in mainland Spain.  It would appear that they use the same style
bobbins as mainland Spain!  This means that the bobbins are large and fat, for
the most part.

The other thing to think about is.... surely as a 'hobby' bobbin lacemaker, we
use the style of bobbins which suit us, rather than the other way round!  We
like a particular style, or bobbin maker, and tend to concentrate on collecting
those bobbins, which may be heavier or lighter than others.

Just my 'ten pennorth'!!

Sue in East Yorkshire UK (or maybe not, by the end of tomorrow....)