Yes Shirley T. and David,  I remember the  shop called The Lacemaker very
well!!
Goodness!  It was about the only place you could get lacemaking supplies. It
was very sad when it closed.

Before that, though, I used to buy cones of linen thread at a little shop in
the city where they kept it on a top shelf – and a very old man used to
climb up a ladder to get it, - and we were always so afraid he would
fall!!!!!
I still have a couple of cones of it left – but in the finer threads – 100
and 120 I think. Hmm! I Must get it out and use it up!!!  I believe it is
Brockens thread.

Then I discovered that Lace could be made with a cotton thread – and The
Lacemaker opened, - and as that was Much nearer to my home, I always shopped
there till it closed.

Now we rely on suppliers who come to Guild Lace Days.

Regards from Liz. In Melbourne, Oz.