Firstly, before I ask my curly question – I am SO pleased to hear your
wonderful “Lace, not Lace” is going so well, Devon.  You have put so much
into it, and I am thrilled for you that it is such a success.

Now – the IOLI competition has classes for 2 groups of people – Teachers,
and Non- Teachers.
I have been a Teacher in Bobbin Lace and Needlelace – only.  I am a Learner
in Tatting and have never taught that craft.  So –  do I enter a piece in
the Non  Teacher class, - or would Tatting be classed as “Lace” and I am
therefore put in the Teacher class?
I have written to the competition convenor, but not had a reply yet. I asked a
few people at our Lace Day yesterday, in Melbourne , just for curiosity, but
no-one had a clear answer. Most thought I would be classed as a Non- teacher,
though.
My thought , at the moment, is to do an “Own Design”, and then they can
put it in either section, as the Teacher class must be an Own Design, and the
Non- teachers have 2 classes to chose from – Own design, or someone else’s
design!!

But it is an interesting question – if you teach one type of lace . – does
that class you as a Teacher for all Laces?

Regards from Liz.
Melbourne, Oz.