I started to learn lace when my son was 10 months old - so it is possible to combine with a young child. However I hope she has a less absent-minded partner than my husband. He was supposed to be looking after my son while I cooked. Instead I heard an interesting pinging sound coming from the dining room, where it turned out that my son had discovered that if you pulled each bobbin carefully the thread would snap. He managed to break about 17 threads before I found out - on the corner of a piece of Bucks lace. I ordered them both out of the house before I did something I'd regret to the older one of them!!

Sue

suebabbs...@gmail.com