Thank you for the link to the long article on the origins of Tatting. It was
very interesting. I really enjoyed reading all the different theories!

Thank you also to Devon for the close-up photos of some very interesting lace,
and the discussion that goes with them.
Yuk!  I am glad I don’t have to make such long tallies as were made in that
lace!!!!!!!  Working a braid would be much easier. I wonder why the lace was
made that way! Must have been someone who was a glutton for punishment!!!!!!!
:)

This is what makes Arachne SO interesting. – We learn so many different
things from  some of you scholars, and it is all SO, SO interesting, and fills
out gaps in our knowledge.  The history of Lacemaking is so convoluted, but so
interesting, and is such a big part of our general lives. Our ancestors were
ver7y clever, really, - as they worked out how to do things, but did not have
books to tell them how or how Not to….!!

Thank you all for brightening an otherwise  dull day in “lock-down”.

Regards from Liz. L.
Melbourne, Oz.