From: "Penelope Piip" <p...@eggo.org>
To: "J Reardon" <j...@zoominternet.net>; "Sue Babbs"
<suebabbs...@gmail.com>; k...@wirelace.net
Cc: "Arachne" <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: 9/19/2021 3:52:16 AM
Subject: Re: [lace] Anyone know where this Seahorse came from?

Hi, No I didn't use Lia's pattern as I made the seahorse ~2010 and took it to
Cannes OIDFA Congress in 2012.

I modified the Bedfordshire pattern by Japanese lacemaker Keiko Takekawa. I
wanted a fanned dorsal fin. The pattern is on page 39 in LACE #101 (January
2001).

And LACE #99 has 2 bookmarks with seahorse motifs (pages 30-31). There are
other seashore motifs in that issue, including a seahorse and shell within a
shell pattern on page 35.

It's interesting when you look at images of seahorses some have different
kinds of dorsal fins & some have none. And I do know that it is the male that
carries the eggs until they hatch.

Penelope Piip
In Tartu, Estonia, where the leaves are changing colour very quickly.