Thanks to all who responded with helpful hints regarding my request for access
to the museum of Halas lace, and also Arlene Scaroni.
On another note. I have encountered a lace in the Met collection which is a
point ground without any gimp.
https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/214651
Please note, the picture enlarges.
The information cites Lille or Arras as the origin of the lace. But, Lille
lace has a gimp. Actually, as far as I can discover, all point grounds tend to
have gimps since it helps to even out the design area. In fact, the effect of
this lace is that the design area looks a bit rough. The information also says
early 19th century. Is this some experimental lace? Or is there a genre of
point ground without a gimp that I am simply not recalling?
Help!
Devon

Sent from Mail for Windows

-