Am 26.08.2012 15:02, schrieb Yves Blusseau:

> Le 26 août 2012 à 12:10, Andrew a écrit :
>
>> 26.08.2012 12:20, KP Kirchdoerfer пишет:
>>> Hi Yves;

>>> I thought I followed the recipes closely and it looked all well on the
>>> commandline.
>>> I'll record it the next time :)

>>> Andrew provided a fix in branch next.
>>>
>>> kp
>> Right.
>>
>> Yves, I saw that you reverted binutils upgrade. I committed fix for upnpd
>> into next branch
>> (it was trivial), so maybe we can switch again to 2.22?
>>

> So good !
> Yes i will switch again 2.22. But if all is ok we can merge the commit into
> master (with the "same" parent). So andrew can you commit your topic branch
> directly into master (no cherry-pick). You must merge the same topic branch
> that you use to commit into next. If your made changes directly into next
> it's really bad, because we can't merge next into master and using
> cherry-pick can cause problem
> (http://dan.bravender.us/2011/10/20/Why_cherry-picking_should_not_be_part_of_a_normal_git_workflow.html).
>  If so alway made a topic branch (fork off from master for example) for all
> you think to put into next.

Hi Yves;

if I understand it correct, a topic branch made to include changes to
branch "next" should be kept until the team decides to move a feature
from "next" to "master" and one has to merge the topic branch then to
"master"?

Do we have to create a topic branch even for small changes?
Like I'd like to make small update for leaf.cfg to add a comment and
setting for zswap.