Am 21.09.2012 18:13, schrieb Yves Blusseau:

> Le 21 sept. 2012 à 17:47, KP Kirchdoerfer a écrit :
>
>> Hi;
>>
>> before I'm doing something wrong here, I'd like to ask how do I merge a
>> a single commit (made to maint) into master?
>>
>> The  commit in question is
>> 8045dd5b69f48127d39fc1171c52e4be69b11993
>>
>> http://leaf.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=leaf/bering-uclibc;a=commit;h=8045dd5b69f48127d39fc1171c52e4be69b11993
>>
>> btw: I've released 4.3.1-rc1 today and do not expect to see more changes
>> for 4.3.1.
>>
>> thx kp
>

> Hi KP,
> never commit a single commit from maint to next. Next must be a superset of
> maint. You need to merge maint into master like i wrote on the git workflow:
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/leaf/index.php?title=Bering-uClibc_5.x_-_Developer_Guide_-_Appendices_-_Git_Workflows#Recipe:_Update_master_branch_from_maint
>
> So you need to do a:
> git checkout master
> git pull --ff-only
> git merge --no-commit maint
>
> Resolve conflicts then commit with a message like:
> Sync with 4.3.1-rc1
>
> Then git push
>
> I can do it for you if you want.

Hi Yves;

thx for quick responding - I'll prefer to do myself, just to learn how
to do.

I followed your advice, and get

git merge --no-commit maint
Auto-merging repo/ulogd/buildtool.mk
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in repo/ulogd/buildtool.mk
Auto-merging repo/ulogd/buildtool.cfg
Auto-merging repo/iptables/buildtool.cfg
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in repo/iptables/buildtool.cfg
Auto-merging repo/initrd/buildtool.cfg
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in repo/initrd/buildtool.cfg
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

Now, is there a quick way to see what is the CONFLICT?
I know from memory that e.g.
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in repo/initrd/buildtool.cfg
should be not part of the merge
so I assume, I'll have to do
git reset -p repo/initrd/buildtool.cfg

I'm not shure about the remaining conflicts -how to check easily?
And if I decide to add, I'll have to do
git add -p repo/ulogd/buildtool.mk
correct?

thx kp