Hi;

I did some work on Trac ticket 57 "add gpg signing of packages", and
like to discuss, what I've done so far.

1) we do need gpgv (currently packaged as gnupg.lrp and the only binary
in this package)
2) gpgv depends on libiconv - I don't like it cause it adds another
600kb, but as I wrote a few days ago, I haven't found a way to get rid
of it. For the time being, I'll add libiconv as dependsOn.
3) I created a new gpg key for "kap...@users.sourceforge.net" and
imported the public key to trustedkeys.gpg. Note, that key has not been
signed by anyone, so you have to trust me. While we will not have a
"keysigning party" any time soon, probably never, ideas how to improve
the keychain will be welcome.
4) I'll intend to add trustedkeys.gpg to config.lrp as
/root/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg (and in the git repository)
5) There is no other way yet to add a new key than to modify the
trustedkeys.gpg via git.
6) I've added code to apkg to verify a lrp file, if the lrp file has a
gpg companion (i.e. dnsmasq.lrp and dnsmasq.gpg)

apkg -v /dnsmasq.lrp
gpgv: Signature made Sat Dec 15 17:39:46 2012 MET using RSA key ID 005AF762
gpgv: Good signature from "kp Kirchdoerfer<kap...@users.sourceforge.net>"

7) I've written a replacement for genpage in NetRexx
(http://netrexx.org) that creates a Packages page which also adds the
gpg signature for this file that can be downloaded along with the lrp
Package. (Additionally it will take care of potentially upcoming
architectures like arm-versatile, X86_64)

At least it'll be a start, with a lot of room for improvements.