Hi Gents;

I'd like to make a proposal for the timeframe and features of the second
alpha version of 5.0.

First of all, I think it should still be an alpha version - so neither
the kernel nor the uClibc are fixed.

Also the major goal for 5.0 to support other cpu architectures misses at
least one image/example.

We saw over 100 downloads of alpha1 and received no complaints so far,
so I consider for X86_32 even an alpha1 version was not bad.

Along with usual Package updates and fixes, the new features for the
second alpha could be a X86_64 image and to "enable" zram support at
least, and eventually offering signed packages.

As far as I'm aware a X86_64 version currently needs
- a patch for vsftpd
- a solution for the uClibc loader (lib/ld-uClibc-0.9.33.2.so vs
lib/ld64-uClibc-0.9.33.2.so
- and images (AFAIR it worked without changes)

About zram support, I've lost track about it's status.
I know some changes has been made in master (like swap support in the
kernel), others seems to be merged into next branch (like changes to
conf/images/common/leaf.cfg) - don't know what other changes ended in
which repository..., and finally it lacks any documentation how to
enable and to make use of it.

While I hope for everyone to have a good time at beaches in the sun like
Curacao, it may happen that you are still at home over the the next
weeks and probably have some time - so a timeframe for alpha2 might be
6th of January.

Just ideas
YMMV