Hi all,
On further investigation I found that the PATH of the multicron-p@
process was /usr/bin:/bin. By redirecting std error of the mail
command I found that it was not finding the mail command.

     </> # m ermsg
    /etc/multicron-p: mail: command not found

I then hard coded the mail command as /usr/sbin/mail and the error I got  was:
    </> # m ermsg
    getservbyname: not found
    BusyBox v0.60.1 (2001.10.18-21:35+0000) multi-call binary

    Usage: nc [IP] [port]

    Error: Unknown response.
      RSET
      0:
    Aborting due to connection error
      Killing child processes: 23012 23014

The solution to this bug was to add PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin to the
multicron-p file. The end of the file should now look like:

    [ ! -f /etc/lrp.conf ] && exit 1
    . /etc/lrp.conf
    PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin
    main

The mailadmin() fx now works properly. If there is a more elegant
solution please let me know.
Thanks,
  Robert Williams