      broacast 192.168.100.255
iface eth1:2 inet static
      address 192.168.101.1
      masklen 24
      broadcast 192.168.101.255

Regards,

Gavin

   Dmitri

   I make ip aliases for the internal network like this in an iface stanza
   in
   the interfaces file

   iface eth1 inet static
            address 194.124.158.99
            masklen 24
            broadcast 194.124.158.255
            up ip addr add 192.168.100.1/24 brd 192.168.100.255 dev eth1
            up ip addr add 192.168.101.1/24 brd 192.168.101.255 dev eth1
            down ip addr del 192.168.100.1/24 dev eth1
            down ip addr del 192.168.101.1/24 dev eth1

   HTH

   Erich

   At 09:21 09.10.2002, you wrote:
   >Hi,
   >
   >I need to make on ip alias on Bering router. I have no phisical access
   >to this pc and have no chance to fix the error in case if router
   becomes
   >unaccesible. Please give me the example if interfaces file (interfeaces
   >item in network submenu in lrpcfg menu) that contains an ip alias.
   >

   >Thanks in advance,
   >Dmitri.

   THINK
   Püntenstrasse 39
   8143 Stallikon
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   PGP Fingerprint: BC9A 25BC 3954 3BC8 C024  8D8A B7D4 FF9D 05B8 0A16

Visit the Virgin Atlantic website for all the latest news and great
special offers - http://www.virgin.com/atlantic

This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain privileged and/or
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please
do not disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate or take any action in
reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please reply
and tell us and then delete all copies on your system. Any opinion on
or advice or information contained in this email is not necessarily that
of the owners or officers of this company.

Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail, we cannot guarantee
the security of any data outside our own computer system