Am Sonntag, 27. Juni 2010 18:47:50 schrieb Erich Titl:
> Hi
>
> on 27.06.2010 20:51, William Dudley wrote:
> > Hello,

> > If anybody can point me to docs for getting LEAF/Bering running on the
> > PC-Engines Wrap/Alix board I would appreciate it.
>
> Actually it is almost a no brainer. If you have a Linux System with a
> CompactFlash Adapter, just use the IDE initrd and all the modules you
> think you need for your installation, I normally just mount the CD and
> copy everything I need. I usually use GRUB as boot loader, because I
> think it is easier to manage. If you don't have access to a Linux
> system, Knoppix is a pretty good platform to start from.
>
> You should set your system to support a serial console to boot and also
> after init is started. I don't know offhand if there is an inittab which
> will run just like that, but it is easy to build. For WRAP you need the
> natsemi driver for the NICs, for the ALIX board it is the Via Rhine driver.
>
> Read the original docs, a bit outdated, but nevertheless
>
> http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/bucu-sc1100.html
>
> good luck
>
> Erich

See also
http://leaf.sourceforge.net/doc/buci-ide3.html#id3226960
about pxeboot.

Rename initrd_ide.lrp to initrd.lrp before you install.
You have to change inittab in etc.lrp for serial console;
the lrp file is a simple tgz - so tar -xcvzf will extarct all file, change
inittab and repackage with
tar cvf -* | gzip -9 -c - > etc.lrp

Extract via-rhine from the Bering-uClibc modules tarball and add it later
to /lib/modules; save modules, add via-rhine to /etc/modules and save the
configuration.

For  access to the serial console add
console=ttyS0,115200n8
to syslinux.cfg.