On 09/04/16 11:51, kp kirchdoerfer wrote:
> We have long filenames on the iso image (>8.3). In FAT16 the root-dir-entries
> may run out of space because of that (root-dir-entries are  also used to store
> long filenames) . That's why copying into / stopped at 80MB

Err... not in my case. The same, formatted CF only copied to 80MB using
Linux, BUT copied 256MB using Windows. So it's not the formatting.

Still, this isn't really a LEAF topic as such.

 > I use ext4 on my routers instead.

Can you boot Ext4 disks on a WRAP OK? Using grub or lilo? I'd be quite
interested.

I've given up with Bering5 until I get a new CF. It makes loads of DMA
errors (not fixable with the published DMA fix), so I think it's too old
(> 13 years) and will get a new one with (hopefully) a better controller
in it.
It still is working fine with Bering3 :=)

Cheers,

Bob
--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.