Thanks kp.

> On 13 Aug 2016, at 13:57, kp kirchdoerfer <kap...@users.sourceforge.net>
> wrote:
>
> Am Samstag, 13. August 2016, 11:56:26 schrieb David M Brooke:
>> Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>> @Andrew - removing ‘quiet’ didn’t provide any further diagnostics.
>>
>> I upgraded to the latest APU2 BIOS / firmware to see if that helped.
>> Since that supports iPXE boot I was able to pull in the BuC x86_64 kernel
>> and initrd, initmod. That worked fine so there’s no compatibility issue,
>> but it still doesn’t want to boot from the SD.
>>
>> @kp - which device are you using to boot from - an mSATA drive, USB or the
>> SD slot? Maybe I need to invest in a small mSATA drive.
>
> I boot from mSATA, also USB worked, at least  for the installation.

I have USB boot working now. There’s no output from the kernel while it is
booting but if you wait
you get a login prompt.

I have also ordered a small mSATA drive but as long as USB boot is working that
will be OK for now.

> I have also an older bios (1/20/2016), and neither checked SD cards nor iPXE.

It seems that SD and iPXE boot is only enabled with the latest BIOS versions.
The on-board SD adaptor needs the sdhci kernel module; could be good to add
that to our build.

> kp
>
>> Thanks,
>> David
>>
>>> On 12 Aug 2016, at 23:17, kp kirchdoerfer <kap...@users.sourceforge.net>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi David;

>>> I'm running 5.2 on a APU2. I use the x86_64 version and boot from ext4
>>> partition. Other than that it should be the stock image.
>>>
>>> kp

David