No, I am using the vanilla iptables package and the iptables script there
does a iptables-restore as part of its 'start' functionality. So it needs
the modules to be available at that point. I'll look at a patch to fix it. I
don't want to use shorewall as I've got a lot of QoS stuff going on in the
'mangle' table, and it's just easier to configure it all manually.

John