I'm having the same issue.

Example file:
~ Monthly from 2024/02/15
    Expenses:Rent      $500.00
    Assets

Command:
$ ledger -f test.dat --forecast "d<[2025]" register Expenses:Rent
24-Apr-01 Forecast transaction         Expenses:Rent
      $500.00          $500.00
24-May-01 Forecast transaction         Expenses:Rent
      $500.00         $1000.00
24-Jun-01 Forecast transaction         Expenses:Rent
      $500.00         $1500.00
24-Jul-01 Forecast transaction         Expenses:Rent
      $500.00         $2000.00
24-Aug-01 Forecast transaction         Expenses:Rent
      $500.00         $2500.00
24-Sep-01 Forecast transaction         Expenses:Rent
      $500.00         $3000.00
24-Oct-01 Forecast transaction         Expenses:Rent
      $500.00         $3500.00
24-Nov-01 Forecast transaction         Expenses:Rent
      $500.00         $4000.00
24-Dec-01 Forecast transaction         Expenses:Rent
      $500.00         $4500.00

Update example file:
~ Monthly from 2024/04/15
    Expenses:Rent      $500.00
    Assets

Same command gives empty output.

The other thing I'm noticing is the periodic expressions don't respect
exact dates. If my rent is due on the 15th, and my period expression
denotes that, I'd expect the forecasted transactions to be on the 15th.

ledger --version:
Ledger 3.3.2-20230330, the command-line accounting tool
without support for gpg encrypted journals and without Python support

Copyright (c) 2003-2023, John Wiegley.  All rights reserved.

This program is made available under the terms of the BSD Public License.
See LICENSE file included with the distribution for details and disclaimer.