Morten,

Morten H Pedersen wrote:

> So the problem might be a part of the C-based tools?
>
> Where can I find them in the CVS to try to find the problem?

For 2.1.0, these files had been located in the "tools" folder. Yet,
after the 2.1.0 release, the lejos file structure has been refactored
completely and it looks like as if the sources for the C-based link and
download tools are gone (am I right here?).

> Do any of you developers still use the C-based versions on a MS XP platform
> - I mean - do they actually work?

No, they are deprecated now.

> Since I had to this:
> 6) lejosc view  - does not work if I do not define javac =
> C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12\bin\javac.exe  even though the path variable is OK.
> ???????????????????
> 8) lejos does only run if I define: java = C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12\bin\java.exe
>

> to even make them run, this indicates there might be some bugs in lejos.exe
> and lejosc.exe, which is a shame since all older books - such as Brian
> Bagnall's refer to the C-based tools - which means people can not make lejos
> work.

Well .. the books mentioned have been written for leJOS 2.1.0, and the
C-based tools contained in 2.1.0 should work.
Which version of leJOS are you using?

Regards,
    Matthias