All,

Three and a half years after the last official release of leJOS and with
Java support for the RCX's successor, the NXT, around the corner, time
was due to incorporate the enhancements made to leJOS since December
2006 in a final and clean leJOS for RCX release, named lejos 3.0.
Late, but better now than never, an according release candidate is now
available in the links section of lejos.org
(http://lejos.sourceforge.net/links.html).
In it, all the issues that have popped up in the four precedent
milestones should have been fixed (thanks to all who have been engaged
themself in testing these ones).

Major topics are (as a matter of fact, I had to find them out by myself,
for a broadcast for input concerning the changes to 2.1.0 amongst those
who may have contributed something faded away without any response -
hence the list is most likely incomplete):

- support for Linux kernel 2.6 now
- major restructuring and refactoring of leJOS' classes
- the single "lejos" command for linking and downloading programs in one
step is available again
- the tutorial is part of the leJOS release now (see doc/tutorial)
- the third party libraries have been factored out to a "3rdparty" folder
- there is a folder "check" now that contains a script for checking the
distribution after having installed it

As Roger hinted to me, there are some compatibility to 2.1.0 issues, as
the Tower methods have been switched from error result code to exception
handling.
Furthermore, there have been some complaints on problems with M4 when
using a serial tower - that I could not re-enact, fix or test by myself.

Unfortunately, again there is no release for the Mac; I do not possess
one by my own, and despite multiple calls for contributions to the leJOS
Mac community in the end I could find no one who were actually
contributing to the release.

Feel free to give the release candidate a try and provide feedback (in
particular if you find any errors still - I tried to test the whole
thing as completely as it was possible to me); response on successful
usage is welcome also :-)

Regards,
   Matthias Paul